Lazy Day at the Beach

Emily: Today (Tuesday) was a lazy day. We slept in late, made eggs and pancakes for breakfast, packed up, and headed up to the Kohala area to meet some friends who just happen to be vacationing here at the same time. They called when we were almost to Hapuna beach to say that it was really windy and the surf was rough so they were heading up to Spencer Beach. We continued on and met them there. It was a lovely little beach and the water was calm. I pretty much sat on the beach under the palm trees chatting with my friend and watching the kids play. A little later, I had a wade in and got all cooled off. I just didn’t want to do anything and the beauty of Hawaii is that that’s just fine.

The dads and kids went exploring on the rocks and saw some turtles. I saw a big turtle shadow swimming in front of me. After lunch and a long drive back – we’re all for island time, but the traffic here is something else – we just hung out at the pool for a bit. We went up to the store and stocked up on food and I discovered a little health food store with some nice items. Then, dinner and back to the pool. I fear that our reports may be similar from now on as I’m really enjoying lazy.

Laura: Today (Tuesday) we went to a beach that was really windy. We met our friends there and they had boogie boards .We played in the sand and water. When we got back to the hotel we went to the pool and played. The End

Alex: Today we went to a beach with sissy’s friend Mia. It was really windy there. We kept getting hit by mini sand storms. THEY HURT! We played on the rocks a lot. We saw many turtles. I didn’t count them. I got stabbed in the foot with a thorn. IT HURT! When we were done we went out to lunch. Then we went back to the hotel, swam for a while then went shopping. After we went shopping and ate dinner we swam some more. Then we went to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts